Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ringo Starr Tells Fans Thanks, But No Thanks Anymore


The Really: With all the fame and fortune that fans have brought Ringo Starr did he really have to post a stupid video on his web site telling fans he is done responding to them?

The Link:
Ringo Star Tells Fans NO MORE SIGNING

In a not so shocking move (considering he is British), Ringo Starr whose real name is Richard Starkey told his fans he will no longer respond to fan mail or requests for pictures and autographs. He said after 45 years he is done and fans will get zip, zero, zilch after October 20th 2008.

I understand that a star could get burned out on responding but its not like he has Britney Spears amounts of fan mail anymore. I would venture a guess that Elvis gets more fan mail then Ringo Starr does at this point and Elvis has been dead for 20 plus years. Ringo, its not like you read your fan mail anyway. Are you really too cheap to keep paying that intern you probably don't even pay to send out photocopied head shots? Is it really to much or are you just a snarky old man at this point?

I will let it be known that when I am famous I will never stop responding to my emails, letters or phone calls from fans. In fact, I will have a number dedicated to fans that I will spend hours a week responding to until the day I die and even then, I will have a prerecorded message so my fans can stay satisfied. Either that or I will get a new intern every year to reply to your requests for a head shot!

I think that we should all send Ringo Starr as many letters asking for anything we can think of until his cut off date of October 20th, 2008. I will compose mine over the next day and send it airmail to our friend in Britain. I will post a copy of my letter and update you as to the status of my Ringo "I used to be a..." Starr head shot. Stay Tuned!

1 comment:

  1. All the good Beatles are dead now anyway.

    ReplyDelete